Every restaurant brand has a unique story to tell, but without a public relations (PR) strategy, that story may never be told. From the moment you open the doors, you may want to have a clear plan on how to spread the word about your restaurant. PR helps restaurants increase visibility, build credibility and connect authenticity with the desired audience.
If you haven’t given much thought to PR, here are a few strategies you can implement immediately to garnish quick results.
- Find an angle to get media attention. What is unique about your property that no one else in the area can match? Are you partnering with a local supplier, or utilizing a new cooking technique? Do you have a new menu, new chef, and new concept? Share this information with applicable journalists.
- Clear messaging and branding. When the media start to show interest, it’s important that you project a clear and consistent message. You may want to make sure your messaging is well-defined. But that is not all. The dedicated spokesperson and staff should be on point. Professional photography of your space and food are a must for showcasing on your website, social media and to share with the media.
- Amplify media wins. Once a news or feature story does run on your restaurant, be sure to share this article with your customers. Post it to your website, blog, social media platforms and via email marketing for additional exposure.
- Connect with local influencers. Influencer marketing has become an effective way to generate buzz and build trust. Keep in mind that an Influencer doesn’t have to have millions of followers to make an impact. Nano-Influencers who have between 5K-10K followers can still create plenty of hype. Invite them in for a complimentary meal in exchange for coverage on their social channels. Be clear with them on what you want to promote so their messaging aligns with your brand.
- Utilize Video. While it’s a bonus to shoot video content with top-of-the-line video equipment, it’s not always necessary when producing content for your restaurant. Share a bartender whipping up a quick seasonal cocktail or the chef preparing the finishing touches to a dish in as little as 10 seconds to spark engagement via the right channels.
For projects like restaurant openings, Baker Public Relations has established a public relations package called the Baker Bundle. The Baker Bundle is a mini public relations campaign, strategically tailored to meet your specific, short-term PR needs—with great results. We can help your brand tell its story, gain attention quickly, and efficiently. To learn more, contact us today!