Senior Account Supervisor
Baker Public Relations, a full-service, woman-owned, public relations firm headquartered in Albany, New York, is seeking a Senior Account Supervisor, a key senior position to help us launch an office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the fall of 2020. To enable the agency to continue its growth trajectory forward, it needs the committed expertise of a talented and passionate professional with 8-plus years of experience (agency preferred) and demonstrated success in growing and overseeing a portfolio of clients to act as a Senior Account Supervisor. This position reports directly to the president & CEO.
The ideal candidate will work with a team across two locations and act as day-to-day point person on various client accounts. The Senior Account Supervisor will also be involved in lead generation, growing media relationships, content development for media and audience consumption, development of public relations and social media strategies, management team decisions, initiatives and discussions regarding agency direction. As a growing public relations firm, the Senior Account Supervisor role is a pivotal position as this individual will serve as a mentor, manager and lead for all account teams on client management, quality assurance, staff development and strategic guidance.
We are looking for a candidate who is driven, diligent, self-motivated and confident in their ability to successfully lead teams and establish strong relationships in the community and with Baker Public Relations clients. This role would suit an established PR professional looking to further develop their skills in client management, business development, and leadership. In return, we offer a very competitive salary, excellent growth opportunities, and a brilliant working environment.
Is This You?
Job Responsibilities include:
- Translate client business needs into communications actions with solution-oriented focus.
- Aptitude for thinking creatively and sharing effective, creative ideas with clients.
- Stays abreast of emerging technology and recognizes opportunities to continuously develop themselves professionally.
- Demonstrates commitment to industry, agency, and clients by mastering industry knowledge and understanding clients’ businesses.
- Train, mentor, and support team members of all levels in executing effectively.
- Possesses the capability to support the creation, editing, and approval of client press materials, messaging and strategic plans.
- Manage and lead the agency’s day-to-day efforts with key client relationships and accounts.
- Create and edit media lists using Muck Rack.
- Coordinate various event planning and media outreach events.
- Strategically advise clients and develop ideas and solutions that achieve business, marketing and engagement objectives.
- Translate client assignments into meaningful briefs for the creative teams and effectively balance dual expectations of clients and the agency.
- Clearly establish objectives and priorities for client initiatives.
- Work with content writers, copyeditors and other internal teams to ideate and develop concepts for projects and accounts.
- Multi-task and get the work done effectively and efficiently—on time, within project budgets and exceeding expectations.
- Manage a variety of workstreams including traditional, digital, social, experiential and promotional projects, including creation of timelines, teams and budgets.
- Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with internal team members and clients.
- Ensure all projects remain within outlined and agreed to budget parameters.
- Participate in and/or lead brainstorming sessions for the agency.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, assigned client’s business, products, industry and competitive landscape.
- Participate with senior team leaders in client presentations.
- Coach/mentor junior staff and interns and review their work for accuracy.
- Support organic new business development initiatives.
Candidate Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a communications role either in-house or with an agency (preferred).
- Experience managing several accounts and/or projects simultaneously.
- Passion for creativity and innovation.
- Strong managerial and team building skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize for self and others.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a great attention to detail.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for projects covering all of the above.
- A thorough understanding of the agency process and agency/client relationship model.
- Willing to work hours as required by workload, sometimes including afterhours, weekends, plus ability to travel as needed.
- A strong ‘self-starter’ mentality and sense of responsibility.
- A positive, upbeat attitude!
- Desire to do the best work of your career.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to email@example.com
At Baker Public Relations, our teams work on a variety of accounts, from startup companies to Fortune 500’s, government agencies and not-for-profits. Whether launching a new product, managing time-sensitive crisis communications, or building integrated communications campaigns that engage with consumers, bloggers, influencers and experts, there’s always something exciting happening at Baker Public Relations.
We offer an environment where employees receive hands-on experience and an opportunity to grow, learn, and succeed. We continually strive to partner with people who are ambitious and intent on thriving.
Whether you are a seasoned PR professional or just staring out in the industry, we are always on the lookout for hard working and resourceful people to join our team.