Content Writing Specialist and Copy Editor – Full Time
Baker Public Relations is a full-service communications agency and New York State Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) focused on what matters most: our people, our clients and our results. From startups to established brands, we work with B2B and B2C companies at all stages of development and across all industries.
We’ve built and nurtured a team-oriented, supportive environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work and grow.
We believe crafting great stories and content is critical to amplifying brands and driving results for our clients. If you are a master storyteller with a passion for copywriting and a keen eye for editing, this role is for you. We’re currently looking for a dynamic and experienced Content Writing Specialist and Copy Editor to join our team in Albany. The Content Writing Specialist and Copy Editor will play a key role on client projects working closely with PR, social media, digital marketing and creative to help develop engaging, on-brand content, and will be responsible for creating pristine written text that works hand-in-hand with visual concepts.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with PR teams, digital marketing and creative to craft compelling brand stories for clients that help differentiate vs. competition
- Ensure all messaging and content is on-brand and on-mission – copy, tone, voice
- Lead content development projects that could include case studies, pitch letters, advertising copy, marketing collateral, bylined articles, blog posts, video scripts, podcasts, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to write with clarity, technical accuracy and creativity across a wide range of B2B and B2C industries
- Conduct online research to ensure facts, dates and statistics are accurate
- Ensure that bylined articles are written in accordance with the publication’s style guide
- Copy edit RFP responses, proposals, etc. on behalf of Baker Public Relations
Along with a great portfolio of work, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- 4-6 years of relevant content creation experience working in both B2B and B2C
- Experience working in the modern marketing landscape – PR, social media, content marketing
- The ideal candidate will be conceptual, collaborative, and highly creative to help come up with the big ideas, and have the initiative and hands-on ability to execute against timelines
- Experience working in an agency or similar environment working on both creative assignments and long form copywriting preferred but not required
- Strong portfolio of diverse writing experience that demonstrates a range of writing styles and ability to adapt tone, format and voice
- Superior project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Baker Public Relations provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Baker Public Relations, our teams work on a variety of accounts, from startup companies to Fortune 500’s, government agencies and not-for-profits. Whether launching a new product, managing time-sensitive crisis communications, or building integrated communications campaigns that engage with consumers, bloggers, influencers and experts, there’s always something exciting happening at Baker Public Relations.
We offer an environment where employees receive hands-on experience and an opportunity to grow, learn, and succeed. We continually strive to partner with people who are ambitious and intent on thriving.
Whether you are a seasoned PR professional or just staring out in the industry, we are always on the lookout for hard working and resourceful people to join our team.